Monday, January 10, 2011

Nautical Baby Shower

Saturday was my baby shower! It was so much fun and absolutely amazing. My sister throws the most creative parties. I got there early and was able to take pictures of the decorations but as soon as the guests arrived I put my camera down and completely forgot to take pictures with everyone who came. Urgh.

I am so grateful to all of my amazing family and friends for coming and for all of the gifts. Baby brother's closet and dresser is full and I have a stock of 10 packs of diapers. Immediately after the shower I felt relieved. I was stressed out about not being prepared but now I have most of everything that I need. I can't wait to welcome him home.

Here are a few pictures I took of the Nautical decor...

Guests signed this "Welcome Aboard" life preserver which I LOVE in the nursery. It's perfect.
The chalkboard says "Say Baby, Boy or Brother - Lose Your Life Saver. Everyone wore the necklaces and attempted not to say baby, boy or brother. I think I made it about 10 minutes.



Table centerpieces. She added the pink gerber daisies because they were used at Noelle's baby shower.
Instead of the traditional diaper cake, she made a diaper life preserver. Obviously baby brother's name starts with an N.
My dad wanted to contribute to the party so he made this big sailboat out of styrofoam.
How cute is this cake? My sister's mother-in-law made it. It was adorable and delicious!



Chocolate-dipped marshmallow favors.
My best friend, Kim, is crazy competitive. Here she is (proudly) with her gift for winning the life safer game. Notice all of the necklaces she collected.
The best friends a girl could ask for and more. Love you, Kimmy and Megan!
My other two best friends, my sister and mom. I am one lucky girl.

2 comments:

  1. Crafty nice job. How did u make diaper life preserver. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! Just get a foam wreath at any craft store and wrap the diapers around the foam and secure the top with a rubber band. Then decorate! Here is another tutorial:
      http://growingupgardner4.blogspot.com/2011/08/kidding-around-friday-link-party-diaper_6779.html

      Delete