Saturday, April 2, 2011

Peep Sushi!

A couple of my favorite things - Peeps & Sushi!

Noelle, Aaron and I had a blast making these scrumptious little rolls. I think they would be a fun Easter gift for any Peep lover in your life.

All you need:  Peeps (several different colors), Rice Krispies Treats and Fruit by the Foot.


I followed the Rice Krispies Treat recipe and scooped it into a 8x11 pan. Once cooled, I removed half and placed it on a sheet of wax paper and used a rolling pin to flatten it down. Then I cut strips out for each individual sushi piece.

For the rolls, I used either the head of the peep or the "guts" and wrapped a thin rectangle of Rice Krispies around it, then a strip of fruit by the foot. To secure the fruit by the foot, put a dab of water on the end and smooth it down.




They were almost too cute to eat. Almost.
Happy Easter Season!

-Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Those are too adorable! You guys did a great job!
    I think I might have to make some with Hannah. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo fun!I am including it in my Peeps post next week!

    ReplyDelete