Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Full Panic Mode - My pictures are gone.

ALL of the pictures on my computer are GONE. Gone. I don't know what happened - well I do know, sort of. I suck at backing up my computer and today I got the ole "your disk is full, dummy" pop up so I emptied the trash - a usual routine of mine. A little while later I opened iPhoto to get the pictures for Gardner Grub and nothing. Every picture from the past 8 months, gone. My heart is in my stomach. Noah's birth. All of Noah's life. So many memories.

I'm going to visit the Genius Bar tomorrow and I'm praying that they will be recovered somehow. If not I'm screwed. All of the pictures are gone - which means all of my posts that were planned for the next few weeks have no pictures to go along with them.

This has been a terrible month so far. Last week I bought a double BOB on Craigslist and it was stolen before I even got a chance to use it. A few other sucky things have happened and now this. Oh ya, and my blog isn't working - when I publish a post it doesn't show up on Reader for several hours. Anyone know how to fix this?
Sorry to be such a downer - please be patient and stick around.

Mrs. G

8 comments:

  1. I am so so so sorry to hear that. I am so big on photos and memories, and losing your photos is awful. I use a wonderful photo management system that you should look into. It's called Memory Manager and it's a Creative Memories product. With MM, you can organize and edit pictures, and it regularly reminds you to back them up. Look into it. You won't regret it. I hope you can get your photos back :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! :( Hopefully you can get them recovered

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Amanda...praying for you that your month turns around and your pics can be recovered. -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hope they are able to recover them. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Man!! I really really hope and pray that your photos will be recovered. And how awful that someone stole your double bob!! Good things will come your way shortly, they have to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry this happened to you :( It is a terrible thing... The best advice I have is I buy all my memory cards in bulk on amazon you can get huge ones for like $10 a pop and I keep them in my fire safe. That way if my computer ever crashes I still have all the pics I ever wanted...

    I am following from the blog hop :) I hope you can check me out ;)

    Mommy2Nanny3Doggy1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no :( Following you from the flip flop hop

    ReplyDelete