Thursday, October 27, 2011

Standing


Things got much more hectic exciting around here this week. Noah started pulling himself up on everything. It began in his crib and now he has successfully climbed up every reachable object in the house. Furniture, cabinets, tables, chairs, beds, bath tubs, and toilets. Oh, and people. If you're standing still he'll climb your leg and hold on until you unclasp his death grip and set him down on his bottom.

Today he started tip toeing his way around the ottoman and made it almost all the way around before loosing his balance and plopping down. Poor kid has taken more head bonks lately learning this new skill than during his first attempts at sitting up.

Big sister is being such a helper for mommy. She tells me when he's up to no good. I probably ran the fastest in my entire life when I heard, "Mommy! Noah is standing at the bath tub!" My first thought was his head hitting the tile floor and when I brought him back to the living room I couldn't figure out how on earth he made it to the bathroom so fast. He was just right here.

So busy it has become. I already miss our time playing on the ground with expired coupons and measuring cups (I don't know why babies love paper and cups, but they do). These days he won't sit still for a minute and I'm beginning to think that's just how it's going to be from now on.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand this! My sweetie is trying really hard to crawl right now and I am really not encouraging it because of all the scooting and leaning she has done already has got her into all kinds of things and made all kinds of messes! I cannot imagine what it will be like once she can actually crawl!

    ReplyDelete