Monday, October 3, 2011

Team Mom, Part 1

(I covered up the name of the school)

Mr. G coaches Varsity water polo and swimming and in the past I really haven't been involved with the athletes too much. We have them over once and a while for a BBQ or pasta dinner, but I usually sneak away or sit with Noelle and listen to their humorous banter. But this year, I'm taking a more active roll, team mom if you will.

This year for each home game I'm making something small for the boys to say Good Luck and let them know that I'm one of their biggest fans. 

For the first home game I made our family's secret Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Sorry, I'd love to share the recipe with you but Mr. G refuses to tell anyone, even his closest friends. One time we caught a friend going through our recipe binder for it - which Mr. G anticipated would happen so he hid the cookie recipe in a top secret location. I'm pretty sure it would be on his list of three things he'd take if there were a fire. 

I attached a little tag with a thought-provoking quote by Heywood Broun - Sports do not build character, they reveal it. 

The boys loved the cookies and they won, 18-8! 

1 comment:

  1. That is so great of you. It will help bond the team even more and give them more reason to look up to their coach, seeing his loving family! You don't have to send me the recipe but could you send a cookie? j/k :)

    ReplyDelete